This is a simple guide on how you can transfer airtime on the Airtel Network. Airtel is a leading telecommunications company in Nigeria. The company specializes in mobile and according to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), they own 25.5% of the mobile telephone market share.
Airtel has over 43 million subscribers according to the commission and in this article, we’ll discuss how to transfer airtime on Airtel.
Maybe you have a friend or family, that is stranded and need to make an urgent call, you can be their lifesaver by transferring to them some or all of your airtime balance. Before you can transfer airtime to that friend or family.
There are three criteria your Airtel number must be pass, they are;
- You can only transfer airtime to Airtel subscriber. What this means is that an Airtel number CANNOT transfer airtime to MTN, GLO or any other network number.
- You must have activated the ME2U Service on your Airtel SIM.
- The existing airtime balance on your SIM must be greater or equivalent to the transfer amount.
How to activate Airtel ME2U Service
Before you can be eligible to transfer on Airtel, you must first activate the ME2U service. By default, the transfer PIN of all Airtel SIM is 1234. But you are not permitted to use the default PIN. Follow these steps to change the default PIN:
- Send an SMS in this format PIN 1234 New PIN to 432. For example, if you want to change your PIN to 2389, then the SMS will be PIN 1234 2389 to 432.
- You can also change your PIN using the Airtel toolkit.
- Visit Airtel Menu on your device
- Click on “Airtel Services”
- Click “Me 2 U”
- Click on “Change PIN”
- Enter the default PIN: 1234
- Enter your new preferred PIN. Make sure the PIN is something you can remember cause you won’t be able to transfer airtime without the PIN.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
Since you have gotten yourself a new PIN, you can now proceed to transfer airtime to family and friends. You can do that by following these steps;
- Dial *432# on your Airtel SIM
- Select “Transfer Airtime”
- Enter the recipient number i.e the airtel number you wish to transfer the airtime to.
- Enter your PIN
- Follow the command to confirm the transaction.
Alternatively, you can transfer airtime through SMS. For example, you wish to transfer N200 airtime to this Airtel number 08012345666 and your PIN is 2389. Send an SMS in this format 2u 08012345666 2389 to 432.
Always make sure the number is correct before confirming the transaction. Once the transfer is confirmed, it can’t be reversed. So if you input a wrong digit in the number, you’ll be transferring the airtime to an anonymous Airtel user.
How can I transfer Airtel airtime to another number?
Well, am sorry to inform you that you can not transfer Airtel airtime to another number. The recipient must be an Airtel subscriber and so should you. Transferring of airtime from Airtel to other network is something we all want, but so far, it’s not available.