OLX Nigeria is an online classifieds webisite for buying and selling of goods and services which includes electronics, fashion items, properties, cars and much more.
So if you have an item you’d like to sell using the website them stick with me as I show you how to go about creating an ad on the website and wait for potential buyers/clients.
Before we begin, I’ll just like to point out that selling on OLX is free as no commission or anything of sort is requested before or after you sell something using the platform. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, we can now get down to how you can buy and/or sell on OLX
OLX Nigeria: How To Sell on OLX
- First things First, You’ll need to visit the OLX Nigeria webisite (Www.olx.com.ng).
- Next, you’ll need to register you’ll be able to put up the things you have for sale or save items you would like to buy at a later time, much like a shipping cart. You can register via three methods; Google (Google Account), Facebook (Facebook Account) or Phone (Phone Number)
- Once you complete the registration process, you can now sell. Next, Select the Category of the item you want to sell and Upload the pictures of the item. It is advisable to take multiple photos of the item fr different angles so as to showcase the item very well.
- Next, Input a Title and description. The Title and description should be kept short. Title should contain the name of the item and the condition only (New or Used), while the description should highlight the key features of the item. Simply and short.
- After doing that, Set your Price. Make sure not to put this price very high as this discourages potential buyers and also not too low so as to lose money. Just do a search of the item you have on the site and see what price other sellers out for theirs which will get the general sense of the market price of the item.
- Follow that, you’ll need to provide contact information through which buyers can reach you. Phone number, WhatsApp number, etc.
- Next is post your ad after completing all that and going through the ad you created to make sure everything is correct. Your ad will be reviewed by an admin of the website to make sure you followed the website guidelines and when it is approved, it’ll be shown to buyers on the website.
- All you have to do now is just to wait till a buyer contacts you. If you’re in a hurry to sell the item you can constantly slash the price after a week or so to attract buyers.
OLX Nigeria: How To Buy On OLX
Buying on OLX is pretty simple. All you have to do is to visit these websites and browse for the item you would like to purchase. You can use the categories or search bar to locate different sellers that have the item. Once you see the one you would like to buy, you can simply copy the seller contact information and agree a meet.
Note: It is adviced that you meet with the seller in a neutral open place and make sure you inspect the item yourself before paying the seller.
OLX Nigeria is one of the best online classifieds website on Nigeria as the webisite is free to use for both buyers and sellers. No commission on items sold or anything of sort. If you have any questions about this article, feel free to let us know using the comment section down below.