NYSC Portal Registration, Login, Call up Letter and Senate List
Here is everything you need to know about NYSC Portal Registration, NYSC Login, call up letter and Senate List. The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a program or scheme set in motion for Nigerian graduates who are fresh off graduation. The scheme is being run by the Nigerian Federal Government. Since there isn’t any military conscription in the country like we see in other developed countries, the NYSC program is kind of its replacement.
Every graduate is required to take part in the scheme which has a one-year duration. The scheme has been in existence since 1973. Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim is the Director-General of the Service Corps scheme.
NYSC Portal Registration and Login
The NYSC portal has all the available information for both prospective and current service members. The scheme offers two batches in a year usually named ‘Batch A’ and ‘Batch B’. Every Nigerian student upon the completion of their tertiary education is required to register for the program. The NYSC portal is www.portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/ and after registration, you can log in and begin mobilization.
On the portal, you’ll see different information such guidelines for payment, for change of date of birth, FAQs, verify certificates, payment status e.t.c. After registration, the next step is to go for the mandatory three weeks orientation camp which is usually held in a military barracks. The camp usually entails military workout and kinds of stuff. Upon completion of the camp, students are given a posting letter which has information as to the local government they have been posted to. The local government is usually within the State where the camp was held.
NYSC Call Up Letter
After mobilization, a prospective service corp member is required to a letter from the NYSC portal called “Call up letter”. This letter is proof that the graduate has signed up to partake in the scheme. Usually, the letter will have the following information; name, gender, call-up number, the tertiary institution where you studied, course of study, state of origin, state of deployment, officer-in-charge, date of reporting and the address of the orientation camp. Please note that the NYSC call-up number is quite different from the NYSC certificate number. You’re required to pay the sum of N3000 (three thousand Naira) to print out the call-up letter.
How to Make Payment on NYSC Portal using Remita Pay Engine
- Visit the home page of NYSC https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc3/home
- Click on “Login here” tab
- Enter your email and password to log in
- Click on “Click Here To Make Payment”
- After loading the payment confirmation page, Click on “Proceed to Payment”. You’ll get redirected to Remita Payment Engine with various payment options.
- For Cards and Wallet Payments, you should click on the “Pay now with cards or wallets” tab.
- Then provide card details, pin and whatever other information required.
- After a successful transaction, you’ll be redirected to a page confirming the status of your transaction. This completes the Remita Cards/Wallet payment process.
- To pay at any Bank Branch, just copy the RRR number generated and take to any of the approved banks.
- After making the payment, visit https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/TransactionStatus_remita and check the status of the payment.
How to Change my Date of Birth on NYSC
- Login to your dashboard
- Click on the link to Date of Birth
- Enter your WAEC Verification PIN
- Select your WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number
- Click on ‘Verify’ button to verify all the information you entered.
- Click on SUBMIT
NYSC Senate List
Not every tertiary institutions are approved by the Senate committee to partake in the NYSC scheme. The NYSC Senate List is a mobilization list which contains all approved tertiary institutions cleared to participate in the scheme. Students who graduated from tertiary institutions, not on this list are not allowed to undergo this scheme.
How to check Senate List
- Go to www.portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc3/
- Scroll down to the ‘Important information’ section.
- Click on ‘Check Senate List or its equivalents’.
- Select your institution, enter matriculation number, surname, and date of birth.
- Click on ‘search’.