Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019 is out: See how to Apply
Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019 is now ongoing. The Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces. They are in charge of land warfare operations. In this article, you’ll see how to apply for the Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019.
All the vital information you need for this recruitment such as qualifications and requirements will be listed in this article. Getting a job in the Nigerian Army is a dream come true for most citizens. The basic salary of the Nigerian Army is quite lucrative especially as you climb up the rank. According to the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. General Tukur Buratai, the Nigeria Army will recruit 12,000 personnel this year.
Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019 General Requirements
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess a National Identity Card.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB. The English Language is compulsory. While those applying for Tradesmen/women must also possess OND/Trades Test/City and Guild Certificate.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 to 22 years for non-tradesmen/women while tradesmen/women must be between the ages of 18 to 26 years on or before 18 February 2019.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.62 metres tall for female.
- Applicants with knowledge of additional Nigerian language other than mothers tongue will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must be free of any criminal conviction.
- Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019
The Nigerian Army recruitment 2019 form is out and below we have listed the steps and guides on how you can apply for the Nigerian Army 2019 job.
To get started,
- Go to the Nigerian Army recruitment portal https://www.nigerianarmyms.ng/
- From the home page, select ‘DSSC’ from the top menu.
- Click on ‘Register’ on the next page.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification from the Nigeria Army. This email contains your login details.
- Go back to the portal and click on the ‘DSSC’ from the top menu.
- This time around click on the ‘Login’ button and login with the details you received through email.
- Carefully fill out the application form. Note that multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Ensure that you upload the following documents; Passport photograph, Educational certificates, Evidence of membership of any professional body, Certificate of state of origin and Birth certificate or age declaration.
- After a successful application, an online generated photo-slip will pop-up. You’re required to print out the photo-slip.
- The first page of the slip will be signed by the Registrar of Court of Law.
- The second page will be signed by your Local Government Chairman or Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or its equivalent and above. The personnel must come from your state of origin.
- Once your application is successful, you’ll be required to present the printed photo-slip to the selection board during the interview.
How to Contact the Nigerian Army
Below are the various ways you can contact the Nigerian Army
- Army Headquarters,
- Department of Military Secretary,
- Mambilla Barracks,
- Asokoro Abuja.
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: 08179269294, 08109959294 OR 09094141573
- Website: www.army.mil.ng
This is all you need to apply for the Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019. As I said, the force is seeking to recruit just 12,000 personnel this year. The official deadline for application is 28th September 2019. But you’re advised to apply as soon as possible and be on the lookout for any latest news concerning the Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019.